If you’re thinking about a gorilla safari in Uganda, there are a few things you need to know. In this article, we’ll give you a rundown of what to expect on your trip, and offer some helpful tips to make the most of it!
What to Expect on a gorilla safaris trip in Uganda?
If you’re thinking about booking a gorilla safari trip in Uganda, be prepared for some exciting adventures! Here are some things to expect on your trip:
-The first thing you’ll see during gorilla safaris Uganda is the security checkpoint. This is where your safari guide will check your passport and any other necessary documentation.
-After passing through security, you’ll head to the guesthouse. Your accommodation for the night will be in comfortable beds with clean sheets and towels.
-The next morning, you’ll meet your safari guide and vehicle operators outside of your accommodation. The group will then head to the park’s gates where they will be checked for weapons and other dangerous items.
-Once all of this has been completed, the group will drive into the park where they will stop at a viewing platform overlooking one of Uganda’s Gorilla Habitats – home to over 1,500 gorillas! You’ll have plenty of time to take photos and admire these fascinating creatures before moving on to explore more of the park.
-As the day progresses, you’ll come across different habitats where gorillas can be seen basking in the sun or roaming around looking for food. You may also encounter baby gorillas while on your visit, which is an incredible experience that few people get to experience!
-At the end of each day, everyone in your group will return to their accommodation for dinner and a chance to rest before heading out again.
Tips for making the most out of your gorilla safari experience
- Arrive Early: The earlier you arrive, the better your chances of getting a good spot in the park.
- Bring Sunscreen: A good sunscreen is essential for keeping your skin safe while out in the sun.
- Bring A Hat: Even though Gorilla Valley is shady most of the time, hats are still a good idea to help protect your head from the sun’s rays.
- Bring plenty of water and snacks: You’ll need to stay hydrated and fed during your visit to Gorilla Valley, as it can be quite hot and humid inside the park.
- Dress For The Weather: Dressing lightly will make cooling down easier in the heat, and you’ll also be more comfortable moving around in gorilla territory.
Important Things to Remember on Your Trip
- Dress For The Weather – Make sure you are dressed for the weather, as it can be very hot or cold in the gorilla habitat.
- Bring Enough Water – It is important to bring enough water with you on your trip, as there is no drinking water available on-site.
- Be respectful – Always be respectful of the gorillas and other tourists in the area. Make sure to keep your voices low and avoid making any loud noises.
- Be aware of Your surroundings – always be aware of your surroundings when in the gorilla habitat, as there are many dangers lurking around (including wild animals).
- Stay alert – stay alert at all times while on your trip to the gorilla habitat, as things can happen quickly and unexpectedly.
Be aware that there are rules governing how close you can get to the gorillas – no touching or climbing on trees or poles, for example. Follow the park’s guidelines carefully if you want a safe and enjoyable trip!